Sunday, July 6, 2014

Quarterly Update



Or biannual update (ha!... It's been a while.)

Well, my son had a birthday.  It's been a whole year since this happened.



The party was awesome, and I made a delicious and very cute cake.   Also, of course, a very cute and delicious mini cake for Bennett to destroy.  Unfortunately, he was tired by the time we got to cake,  he was almost uninterested and very clingy.  The plan was to put him in a chair to eat, he just screamed.  So I guess plan b was my lap.  That was fun.  Also, the cute bow tie I made for him to wear while eating cake was promptly ripped off... (but not before a photo was taken!)


See?  Cute bow tie.

The cake got cut before we got a good photo.  *sigh* oh well.

Getting cake on mom.
We also moved from Lehi.  I don't know who remembers how I felt about going there in the first place.  Well, it turned out to be not so bad.  We made some good friends there.  And I was sad to leave them.  But we moved to Layton, so we're closer to our families.  No, Steven didn't get a new job.  Yes, it's quite the commute, but he rides the train, so it's not so bad.  (I'll let him refute that if he wants to...).  The plan is to get lots of school work done on that train ride so there can be another degree holder in this house (sooner?).

Right after we moved, we went to the air show at Hill.  We love the Air Show.  It was convenient that we lived closer so we didn't have to get up an some unholy hour to be there on time.  Seriously, these guys are so cool, and I'm excited for them to come back.  Also, my child is adorable, and you know it. ;)
I LOVE his hat
Rockin' his patriotic shades
Posing in front of the Thunderbirds



EVERY time I see these guys fly, I am amazed at how precise they have to be in order to make such 

Someone didn't get a morning nap.  He just passed out in my arms on the way to the car (we were on a shuttle bus)

On the Fourth of July, we went to our ward breakfast.  And then headed to stake out a spot for the Layton Parade.  I have like ONE photo from the whole day.  Awesome.  Also, Steven WAS there, we just ended up with zero photos of him...  After the parade, we headed home for lunch and a nap.  We grilled some chicken (just the 3 of us) and I baked a spaghetti squash (yum).  And after dinner went to my parents for some s'mores.  We put Bennett to bed at his usual time and figured we'd catch what we could of the Layton show from our yard.  It wasn't bad, and considering all the cars parked on our street/in our neighborhood, I'm actually glad we didn't have to fight with the crowds of people.  I figure there will be plenty more fireworks when my kid doesn't require to be on such a schedule.



I think that's all I'm going to add for now.  I think that there was more that happened between March and May, but I'm not sure what.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment