Friday, May 24, 2013

Change of Plan

Do you all know how much we LOVE Cache Valley.  There's so much to love.  Like this view.



Taken from this spot. (We call it "ours" but I'm sure lots of couples do).


There's also the drive to get here from anywhere South of here.
It's breathtaking almost any time of the year.


Don't forget USU and all that goes with it.  This was a fabulous game.  GO AGGIES!


The Pumpkin Walk-- a cheesy, yet fun (and free) way to freeze your tush off in October.


There is SO MUCH more that I love about this place.  Like Summer.  Everything about summertime is a big part of why the plan was to stay here.  Steven was supposed to find a great job close(ish?) and we were going to build a house somewhere in the South end of the Valley, and raise our kids here.  THAT was OUR plan.  Guess what?  We're not in charge.  And the One that is in charge?  Well, let's just say I'm pretty sure he chuckled and thought "how cute, but I've got another idea."

It all started a few weeks ago when I was routinely looking for jobs that had Steven's "key words" in them.  (Since I was just sitting at home all day, I figured I'd be useful and try to find him a better job- one that could support a baby).  I was searching all of Utah, because, let's face it, there aren't that great of job opportunities all the time in Cache Valley.  I stumbled upon a job that sounded perfect, but it was in Lehi.  I sent Steven the link (I actually sent him several links- like 3 or 4 every time I searched).  He applied.  He got an email a few days later asking for a phone interview.  The phone interview led to an invitation to be interviewed in person 5 days later (in Lehi). Three days after that, he got a phone call (he missed it, but they were calling to offer the job to him).  Wednesday this week, he put in his 2 weeks notice at his current job and accepted the new job.  He starts in less than 2 weeks.  In Lehi.  

LEHI.  Do you know where Lehi is?  It's in UTAH COUNTY, a place I swore I would not ever live.  (I am still very firm on the fact that I will not EVER live in Provo.  No matter what.  But that's a different story for a different day).  Lehi is 2 hours... TWO HOURS away from my  beloved Cache Valley.  You know we JUST found a dentist (I know, it took us long enough).  I really like my doctor, and we are pretty fond of the pediatrician we had chosen too.  (However, we really hated the eye doctor we went to, so not much of a loss there...)  Now we have to find new ones again.  Ugh.  And right after we have a new baby, too.
We are also sad about leaving our wonderful ward.  I don't know that I've ever been so sad about leaving a group of people before.  They are wonderful, and we are going to severely miss all of them.

Oh, yeah.  Remember how we're having a baby?  Like any day now (please, Please, PLEASE any day now)?  Life really couldn't have picked a better time to become absolutely CRAZY.

I have to stop here though and tell you all that we are excited also.  Steven is actually going to enjoy going to work.  We will actually be able to pay for the child that currently seems set on living the rest of his life inside of me.  We will have new adventures.  We will meet more wonderful people.  And we may be moving to Cougar Country, but we'll still be Aggies.  Don't worry.

So, there you have it folks.  I believe I recently posted about a "whole new book" in my life... and I believe I have been enlightened on just how new it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment